Made this Spring Onion buns for tomorrow's breakfast. Hmmm.... I simply love the smell of sesame seeds...
Recipe was taken from "Bread Magic" :
300g Bread flour
1/2 tsp salt
1+1/2 tbsps milk powder
50g caster sugar
1+1/2 tsps instant yeast
1/2 egg, 70g spring onion (finely diced)
70g mayonnaise, some salt
Some white sesame seeds
1 egg (beaten)
1. To make th topping: mix all ingredients together and keep chilled till needed.
2. For bread dough: combine ingredient A in a mixer. Blend well before adding in ingredient B. Beat until a a dough is formed. Add ingredient C and beat till dough is smooth and elastic to the touch.
3. Leave dough in a big bowl and covered with a damp cloth in a warm place for 40 minutes.
4. Once the dough has doubled in size, divide dough into 35g portions. Shape into small balls.
Flatten and roll out each ball of dough into long strips. Roll up like a mini swiss roll.
5. Arrange 3 pcs in a row. Lay them on a greased baking tray. Arrange the 2nd row spaced apart, to allow spreading. Cover and rest for a further 40 minutes.
6. Glaze with beaten egg wash. Spread some topping of no.1 and sesame seeds on top before baking in a preheated oven @ 180 deg C for 10-15 minutes. Cool well on wire rack.