Friday, December 28, 2007

Wholemeal Buns









Sigh! Just noticed that the fresh milk I bought last week is expiring today!!! (Now, why didn't I check properly in the first place???)


Another recipe taken from "Bread Magic" : Wholemeal Bread. However, I replaced the iced water with fresh milk and shortening for butter. Instead of the egg glazing, I used a cooking oil with blend of carrot, that's why the orange coating on the buns.




May be because of the milk and butter, these buns tasted exceptional even on its own! I think my oven temperature is quite erratic, because the outercrust is slightly on the hard side. But, my younger son liked it very much. Next time will use less oil for coating because it's kind of oily...! :-( Overall, this is a good wholemeal bread to make again :) But I may not bake it often because my husband's tummy can't take "wholewheat".... and I can't much either!


2 comments:

  1. Hi,

    Thanks for linking me up. Found you through Happy HomeBaker. You have nice bake goods. Your wholemeal bread looks very good. I like this type of bread. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Aimei!

    Thanks for visiting! Your bakes are even better :)

    ReplyDelete