Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Pork with nam yee and wine



Saw a bento cookbook which feature this dish. The picture looks good in the book. :) As the recipe is for "bento", I expand the quantity to suit us. It looks like "char siew" but isn't. The interesting part is that, you deep fried the pork and steam later... Tastewise, my kids love it, my husband said not bad. For me, next time I'll stick to 3 tbs of wine instead of adding 1 tbs more.

Original Receipe as follows:


Ingredient:
300g pork fillet - (I use a mixture of pork fillet + hind lean -total abt 450g)

Marinade:
1 pc nam yee (mashed) - (I use 1+1/2 pcs)
3 tbs rice wine - (I use 4 tbs shaoxing - should stick to 3 tbs next time)
1 tbs sugar - ( I use 2 tbs sugar)
2 tbs light soy sauce - (I use 3 tbs)
Few drops of sesame oil - (I use 1 tsp)
Oil for frying


Method:

1. Marinade pork with above for 2 hours or preferably overnight in the fridge.
2. Deep fry pork fillet in hot oil for 5 mins till the crust is nicely brown colour.
3. Steam fried pork together with marinade for 30 mins, slice.

Note: The pork looked dry because I just sliced them. Use the steamed marinade and drizzle over the pork.

However, my finished product did not look as good as the cookbook :(

No comments:

Post a Comment