Friday, May 30, 2008

Ham & Cheese Buns





Our breakfast this morning.

Original recipe yield 19 pcs. I half the quantity to suit my family.

Recipe as follows: (yield about 10 pcs)

Ingredients A:
Bread flour 250g
Castor sugar 50g
Salt 3g
Instant Yeast 5g
Butter 25g (I use corn oil)
Egg 25g
Water 125g

Ingredients B:
Ham (Shredded)
Cheese slice 5 pcs (cut into half: triangle)
Some almond slices (for decoration)
Some mayonnaise (for piping)
Egg (for glazing)

Method:

1. Use your basic kneading process.
2. Once dough double, punch out the gas, divide into 50g each.
3. Round them up to form a ball. Rest for 5 mins. (I let them rest for 10-15 mins)
4. Slightly flatten the dough and wrap some shredded ham.
5. Round them up again. Using a rolling pin, roll them into a round shape.
6. Send them for proofing. (About 45 mins)
7. After the proofing, glaze with egg wash, place a piece of cheese on top.
8. Piped some mayonnaise across. Sprinkle some almond slices on top.
9. Bake in a preheated oven @ 200 deg C for about 15 mins. (I think about 12 mins is enough.)
I think because of my oven temperature, my buns always turn out to be a little on the brown side. :( But anyway, these buns were very yummy! My little son wanted me to make again! :D


Recipe source <简易家庭面包制作> by 王志雄/游纯雄.

No comments:

Post a Comment