Sunday, May 18, 2008
Minced Meat with Long Beans 长豆肉末
A simple dish that goes very well with plain porridge or multi-grain porridge (杂粮粥). A dish that my kids finish in no times! Even my little son who usually doesn't like to eat porridge finished his meal in record times. :D
Recipe as follows:
Minced Meat 80g
Long Beans 300g
Garlic 2 pcs (minced)
Red chillies 1 pc (minced)
Corn starch 1/2 tsp,
Water 1 tbsp
Dark Soy Sauce 1 tbsp
Salt 1/2 tsp
Sugar 1/4 tsp
1. Remove the head and tail of long beans before washing. Blanch the long beans in hot water for a while before dishing up. Cut into bite size.
2. Minced the garlic; Remove the stalk of the red chilli and chop into small pieces.
3. Standby Seasoning A: mix corn starch with water.
4. In a wok heat up 3 tbsp of oil, saute garlic, add minced meat and fry for a while.
5. Add in long beans, fry for a while. Add 2 tablespoon of water and braise for 3 minutes.
6. Add Seasoning B and red chilli and continue frying. Pour in Seasoning A to thicken. Dish up and serve.
Recipe source: 美味粥配小菜
You can omit the red chilli if you wish. But actually the red chilli add more "kick" to this dish.
Frankly speaking, the red chilli wasn't that hot as I'd removed most of the seeds.
One more delicious side dish anyone can cook: Szechuan vegetable fried with meat.