Friday, August 8, 2008

Jing Du Prime Ribs 京都排骨


Jing Du Sauce


Made my very first "Jing Du Sauce" for my "Jing Du Prime Ribs". The sauce was simple and straight forward to make.

Ingredients:
100ml dark vinegar 浙醋
2 tbsp worchester sauce
5 tbsp tomato sauce
5 tbsp plum sauce
2 tbsp sugar
1 tsp five spice powder
100ml water

Method:
Combine all ingredients and bring to boil for 3 minutes. Remove from heat.
(This sauce should be kept in the fridge for 1 month.)
The recipe for the ribs as follows:

Ingredients:
1 kg spare ribs, cut into pieces (I used prime ribs)
150ml Jing Du Sauce

Marinade:
1 tbsp oyster sauce
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp salt
1 tsp sesame Oil
1 egg
2 tbsp plain flour
1 tbsp corn flour
1 tbsp custard powder
3 tbsp water

Method: 1. Mix ribs with marinade for 3 hours.
2. Deep fry in hot oil until golden brown. Dish and drain.
3. Bring Jing Du Sauce to boil. Add in the ribs and mix well.
4. Thicken with corn flour water and dish up.

My elder son and husband love it very much! My little one didn't like it because of its sourish taste. I think the "sourish" taste comes from the plum sauce. Anyway, this sauce is a real keeper! I like it too! Sedap! :D

Recipe source: 大牌档酱 (郭子仁著)

2 comments:

  1. Hi,

    I went and bought a copy of 大牌档酱 (郭子仁著)after seeing your recommendation.

    However, I will like to check with you if you have ever tried doing the kung po sauce before. I am thinking of trying it but the recipe required chilli sauce. I am wondering if the chilli sauce is those maggi chilli sauce or those chinese chilli sauce.

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi qing!

    Glad that you've bought this book. There're quite a number of good sauces in this book. :)

    I haven't tried the kung po sauce yet. I believe you can try either one to test it out yourself first. I'm afraid I'm not of much help here.

    ReplyDelete