Monday, August 18, 2008

Steam Minced Pork with Salted Fish Paste


My steam minced pork with salted fish paste. Taste yummy! My family loves it! only comment from my husband was: more generous topping of the paste next time please.... :)

Recipe as follows:

Ingredients:
300g minced pork
2 tbsp shredded ginger
2 tbsp fragrant salted fish paste
1 tbsp chopped spring onion

Seasoning:1 tsp light soya sauce
dash of sesame oil and pepper
1 tsp corn flour
2 tbsp water


Method:1. combine minced pork, seasoning and mix well. Arrange onto a steaming plate.

2. Sprinkle shredded ginger on top of the minced pork and spread over salted fish paste.

3. Steam at high heat for 15 minutes or until cooked.

4. Sprinkle chopped spring onion on top and serve hot.


Recipe source: 大牌档酱 (郭子仁著)

4 comments:

  1. Hi. May i know what is salted fish paste? isit ready-made or do u make a paste out of salted fish yourself?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, cherie!
    This is a homemade paste using salted fish. You can refer to my earlier blog "Fragrant Salted Fish Paste" for more details. Hope this is helpful :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, will any type of salted fish do for making it as here in UK I may not be able to get the fish that you specified.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Anonymous,

    I'm afraid the taste may not be as fragrant. However, I've not tried other salted fish so I wouldn't be able to advise you on that.

    ReplyDelete