Tuesday, November 4, 2008

My favourite sweet bun

My kids love buns. Buns with hot dog, pork floss, and lotus seeds are their favourites. My little son has very sweet tooth. He likes anything sweet! :)

This is a very versatile recipe. You can bake it as a loaf or turn it into a sweet bun just like this lotus seed buns.


One thing I like best about this recipe is that all the ingredients are very basic: water, bread flour, milk powder, sugar, salt, butter (sometimes I substitute with corn oil), and yeast

I try to double the recipe and keep half in the fridge so that whenever I feel like making buns or loaf, I have one ready-made. :)

My two kids love to eat lotus seeds buns. However, my husband prefers savoury buns in the morning...




The texture of the bread: soft and fluffy!
Recipe over here.

4 comments:

  1. Hi, glad to read about your latest post. I saw your photos over at Flickr, your buns look very soft!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear HHB,
    Thanks for dropping by! :) You should try baking the loaf. You may love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi MH, just like to let you know I have tagged you on my blog, hope you have fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi would you please send me the complete recipe of
    1- Otah Bun.
    2- favourite sweet bun
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete