Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Vanilla Ice-cream


All along I've been making yogurt ice-cream. Thought of giving the "real" ice-cream a try last week. Also a good excuse to try my new bottle of vanilla extract which I bought some times ago. :)

I used a recipe from "冷冻甜品“. I think this is the most simple recipe from the book.

Ingredient A:
3 egg yolk
60g caster sugar
2 tsp vanilla essence
150g dairy whipping cream (or 100g fresh milk, if you don't like strong milky taste)

Ingredient B:
250g non-diary whipping cream

Method:
1. Mix (A) until well combined and double boil until thicken. Remove from heat and leave to cool.
2. Beat (B) until stiff. Mix all mixture together and stir well.
3. Pour into a prepared container and freeze overnight or until set.

As I didn't have any dairy whipping cream, I substituted with 100g fresh milk (low-fat). This ice-cream was very smooth and creamy. And yes, I'd put the vanilla extract to good use! :D This is definitely a keeper!

However, we found it to be on the sweeter side. So the next round I make, I'll adjust the sugar content accordingly. Well, that's the best part of "Homemade", isn't it? 甜咸酸辣自行加减! :)


2 comments:

  1. Hi MH, glad to hear that the vanilla extract works well :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi MH, this looks really good! I'm going to try out vanilla ice cream with the vanilla extract too. :)

    ReplyDelete