|Oven-spring.. It never fails to mesmerise me ... all the time!♡|
(with cooked chinese pearl barley)
Fit one 450g Pullman's Loaf tin
240g Bread flour
40g Wholemeal flour
20g Spelt Flour
15g Milk Powder
35g Caster Sugar
30g cooked chinese pearl barley ☆
50g egg whites *
30g Fresh Milk
180g Levain (1:1)
30g unsalted butter
1. Knead dough till window pane stage.
2. 1st proofing - till double in size.
3. Punch and divide into 3 equal size. Cover and 1st bench rest: 15-30 mins
4. Flatten and roll into swiss roll style. Cover and 2nd bench rest: 15-30 mins
5. Flatten and roll into swiss roll style and put into a Pullman's tin.
6. Cover with a damp cloth and final proofing in a warm place till 90% full.
7. Bake in a preheated oven between 190 deg C for ~40 minutes.
☆ The cooked chinese pearl barley was leftovers from my previous day barley water. You may simply omit it😊.
* The egg whites was leftovers from making "Coconut Egg Jam/kaya". You may replace it with water/fresh milk.
♡ You may have to adjust your hydration as different flours may need more or less water. Happy baking!
|Delicious with thick slab of homemade Kaya ♡|
As a respect, please link back to this blog if you're using any information here. Thank you.